(OT) Ha ha hs
Pelle Svanslös
2021-02-26 19:42:02 UTC
What the bill does

The No Glory for Hate Act would prevent any federal symbol, monument,
statue, building, or land from being named after a president who has
been impeached twice by the House of Representatives. The bill spells
out several specific examples, including military bases, highways,
streets, and subways. (The Washington, D.C. public transit system has a
station named after Ronald Reagan.)

Trump’s name does not actually appear once in the legislative text. Yet
Trump is the only president to have been impeached twice by the House,
so in practice the bill would only apply to him — at least so far.

It was introduced in the House on January 25 as bill H.R. 484, by Rep.
Linda Sánchez (D-CA38).

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr484/summary

Way to go! If this passes, no Twump airport, no grave at Arlington when
Twump passes. The downside? No abusive naming either. I can live with that.

Demmies are Good People.
--
"Cough cough"
-- Suzanne Lenglen
*skriptis
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
[...]
So a Mexican female (Linda Sanchez?) wants to ban Americans from honouring their former president?

Remind me against whom Davy Crockett fought?

Did he fought for a future for Americans, or for a future in which Santa Anna's daughter would relocate to US and decide for Americans?

Just thinking out loud...
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
TT
2021-02-26 20:24:22 UTC
Post by Pelle Svanslös
[...]
I guess that rules out Mount Rushmore then.

Can still have 'Orange Genius Tanning Lotion' & 'Tiny Hands Pedicure',
right?
--
'Keep yappin' man'