Isn't Court totally underrated?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
1. Most slams ever (24)
2. Longest slam winning streak (6, with Connolly and Navratilova)
3. Most AO titles ever (11)
4. Holy Grail of tennis, CYGS (with Connolly and Graf)
5. Prolific in doubles (Navratilova was too)

Isn't she awesome?

The other important record that Court doesn't hold are:

Most FO: Evert
Most Wim: Navratilova
Most USO: Mallory
Most YE№1: Moody
Best CGS: Graf

Basically Court's name is in half of these categories, Graf/Navratilova/Connolly are mentioned few times but less than Court and Evert/Mollary are mentioned only once. Serena is not mentioned at all.

What does Serena have?

1. Most slams? No.
2. Most consecutive slams won? No.
3. Most titles at a slam? No.
4. CYGS or best CGS or most YE№1? No.
5. Yes, kinda prolific in doubles (more than Graf/Evert but less than Court/Navratilova)

It can all change, as she's near topping the most major category, and she is still active and a contender, but right now, she owns none of these categories...so I feel anyone claiming she's undisputed goat is a major fanboy at this stage.

She's tier 1, but without the 24th slam, I don't see how can you advocate her goathood.

You need the 24th just to make a case for her. Most slams ever and highest 7543 score? That's a nice case.
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
The Iceberg
2021-03-01 00:07:47 UTC
Post by *skriptis
[...]
folks that under-rate are like:
self-proclaimed tennis expert/commentator: Court was nothing but a homophobe solely cos she disgrees with gay marriage and should be erased from all records cos of that, she didn't play in the open era properly and wasn't very good at tennis either, unlike the GOAT Serena Williams.
honest response: let me guess, you are American?

LOL
Whisper
2021-03-01 05:33:23 UTC
Post by *skriptis
[...]
Yes, Serena knows the 24/25 is her only attainable goat level goal and
arguably the biggest/most visible. If she stays on 23 then it would be
hard to talk much about her in future, aside from the big 23 number,
which isn't a record.
PeteWasLucky
2021-03-01 05:41:17 UTC
On 1/03/2021 5:01 am, *skriptis wrote:> > 1. Most slams ever (24)> 2. Longest slam winning streak (6, with Connolly and Navratilova)> 3. Most AO titles ever (11)> 4. Holy Grail of tennis, CYGS (with Connolly and Graf)> 5. Prolific in doubles (Navratilova was too)> > > Isn't she awesome?> > The other important record that Court doesn't hold are:> > Most FO: Evert> Most Wim: Navratilova> Most USO: Mallory> Most YE?1: Moody> Best CGS: Graf> > > Basically Court's name is in half of these categories, Graf/Navratilova/Connolly are mentioned few times but less than Court and Evert/Mollary are mentioned only once. Serena is not mentioned at all.> > > What does Serena have?> > 1. Most slams? No.> 2. Most consecutive slams won? No.> 3. Most titles at a slam? No.> 4. CYGS or best CGS or most YE?1? No.> 5. Yes, kinda prolific in doubles (more than Graf/Evert but less than Court/Navratilova)> > > > It can all change, as she's near topping the most major category, and she is still active and a contender, but right now, she owns none of these categories...so I feel anyone claiming she's undisputed goat is a major fanboy at this stage.> > She's tier 1, but without the 24th slam, I don't see how can you advocate her goathood.> > You need the 24th just to make a case for her. Most slams ever and highest 7543 score? That's a nice case.> > Yes, Serena knows the 24/25 is her only attainable goat level goal and arguably the biggest/most visible. If she stays on 23 then it would be hard to talk much about her in future, aside from the big 23 number, which isn't a record.
She will take this Wimbledon.
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
Whisper
2021-03-01 06:28:15 UTC
Ma
The Iceberg
2021-03-01 12:26:04 UTC
Post by PeteWasLucky
[...]
doesn't she need to win the Olympics and the USO as well?