Tear, 17mm -> 25mm, symbolism?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
https://tennishead.net/i-will-have-to-take-time-off-to-heal-the-tear-is-now-bigger-says-novak-djokovic/

February 22, 2021
Australian Open, Novak Djokovic, Tennis News

‘I will have to take time off to heal – the tear is now bigger,’ says Novak Djokovic
Share:

Novak Djokovic has revealed the full toll his Australian Open campaign took on his body, confirming his abdominal tear has widened.

Djokovic injured his oblique abdominal muscle in the third round at Melbourne, yet was able to play through the pain to win the tournament.

Scans immediately after the injury showed a 17mm tear, yet when he went for a second scan after the final the scan showed it had grown to 25mm.

“I just came actually came from another MRI that I’ve done this morning and the damage is bigger than what it was when it happened, when I did the first MRI after the third round,” Djokovic told the press.

“It’s not too bad judging by what doctor said but I’ll have to take some time off and heal. The tear is bigger.”

However, Djokovic, understandably, does not regret playing through the pain barrier to land a ninth Australian Open title.

“I reflect on it as a great experience, and a unique journey, and I would definitely remember and try to take out a lot of positives from it.

“I have learned a lot of lessons, and learned a lot of things, about myself and about everything that was going on in the last five to six weeks, but I think that everything that was happening on and off the court makes this victory even better and even sweeter.”

Djokovic had 17mm tear and 17 slams at the time of injury.

He ended with 25mm tear. Will he end with 25 slams?

Is this injury a physical manifestation of his future?
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
Whisper
2021-02-24 10:45:04 UTC
Post by *skriptis
[...]
Wow well spotted! We'll have to bookmark this article and check back.