Is rst back to overrating Osaka again?
Add Reply
Max's Hoemom
2021-02-23 17:41:46 UTC
I know I am going to get some flak on this. But...
Yeah she was won 4 slams now. But she is already 23! How many slams had Steffi and Hingis won by that time? Even Serena probably had more (I am not arsed to find out).

And lets not forgot she had save two match points against Muguruza in 4th round. She is not exactly dominating the tour... she is not even #1. It is some Aussie clown.

And I am watching the extended highlights on YouTube
she was rolling her serves in... it may work against Brady types... but won't work in future against top players.
Gracchus
2021-02-23 17:48:50 UTC
And I am watching the extended highlights on YouTube http://youtu.be/Paq5M3il5R4 she was rolling her serves in... it may work against Brady types... but won't work in future against top players.
But Raja, you have to remember--she wore "victim masks" at the USO, making her the bravest woman in the world. That should count the same as at least 10 more slams right there. :D
Max's Hoemom
If she feels like doing it... I don't mind... or she may be pressured... who knows...remember, we can't be part of cancel culture and cancel her for her politics... I am a bit amazed thought that the sistahs are quiet on their topic... may be they bring it up when it only suits them. I know Serena was pretty vocal long back then wearing Cameroon football team styled outfit once...
Gracchus
2021-02-23 18:20:12 UTC
Post by Max's Hoemom
Post by Gracchus
Post by Max's Hoemom
[...]
I agree with you there. We should cancel cancel culture.
Yes, it's rare for them. Maybe following career advice or a Jehovah's Witness thing. I do recall Venus speaking up once about Shahar Peer getting banned from Dubai (?) for being Israeli.
The Iceberg
have to say Venus and Serena have a record of being pretty sensible and grounded on stuff like this! Venus was totally right from what can remember.
The Iceberg
she had that total idiot rapper boyfriend who made her do it and all the woke $$$ marketing idiots sucked up to her and said how brave she was wearing a mask that had zero danger or controversy at all for her wearing it. The sistahs are Jehovah's witnesses they prob don't agree with supporting a Marxist anti-family anti-capitalist group like BLM.
Pelle Svanslös
2021-02-23 18:05:30 UTC
I know I am going to get some flak on this. But... Yeah she was won 4
slams now. But she is already 23! How many slams had Steffi and
Hingis won by that time? Even Serena probably had more (I am not
arsed to find out).
Don't see this as a problem. She has her own path to follow.
#1. It is some Aussie clown.
This is something Whisper would say. Whisper sees having BPs against you
as a negative, but not that you saved them!

*FLAK*
And I am watching the extended highlights on YouTube
http://youtu.be/Paq5M3il5R4 she was rolling her
serves in... it may work against Brady types... but won't work in
future against top players.
The serve isn't the strongest around. But it's okish. How tall is she?
She could use a little practice, no doubt.

But she has the best ground game I've seen a woman have. And the heart
and the wilanders to go with it.

And she's kinda hot too!
--
“We need to acknowledge he let us down. He went down a path he shouldn’t
have, and we shouldn’t have followed him. We shouldn’t have listened to
-- Nikki Haley
Pelle Svanslös
#1. It is some Aussie clown.
This is something Whisper would say. Whisper sees having BPs against you
as a negative, but not that you saved them!
..., but not as a positive that you saved them.

That's better.
-- Nikki Haley
Whisper
#1. It is some Aussie clown.
This is something Whisper would say. Whisper sees having BPs against
you as a negative, but not that you saved them!
..., but not as a positive that you saved them.
That's better.
Serena won a few AO's mp down. It is a positive you won those pts, but
it's a negative you were just 1 pt from elimination. Real dominance is
like Rafa at latest FO, straight sets every match.
heyg...@gmail.com
Serena has won more slams in straight sets than any woman (open era at least).
The Iceberg
best ground game ever seen in a woman! LOL
Pelle Svanslös
#1. It is some Aussie clown.
This is something Whisper would say. Whisper sees having BPs against you
as a negative, but not that you saved them!
*FLAK*
And I am watching the extended highlights on YouTube
http://youtu.be/Paq5M3il5R4 she was rolling her
serves in... it may work against Brady types... but won't work in
future against top players.
The serve isn't the strongest around. But it's okish. How tall is she?
She could use a little practice, no doubt.
But she has the best ground game I've seen a woman have. And the heart
and the wilanders to go with it.
And she's kinda hot too!
best ground game ever seen in a woman! LOL
Haven't seen her play where the footing is less secure. But on HC, why not?
--
Every boy and every gal
That’s born into this world alive

-- W. S. Gilbert
The Iceberg
#1. It is some Aussie clown.
This is something Whisper would say. Whisper sees having BPs against you
as a negative, but not that you saved them!
*FLAK*
And I am watching the extended highlights on YouTube
http://youtu.be/Paq5M3il5R4 she was rolling her
serves in... it may work against Brady types... but won't work in
future against top players.
The serve isn't the strongest around. But it's okish. How tall is she?
She could use a little practice, no doubt.
But she has the best ground game I've seen a woman have. And the heart
and the wilanders to go with it.
And she's kinda hot too!
best ground game ever seen in a woman! LOL
Haven't seen her play where the footing is less secure. But on HC, why not?
her age, slam count, match points vs Mugu + she was playing 40 year old Serena does that not alone say anything?
maybe look up 2 girls, one called Madison Keys and another called Carebear :D
Pelle Svanslös
2021-02-23 19:41:24 UTC
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Pelle Svanslös
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Pelle Svanslös
[...]
What are those supposed to mean?

+ she was playing 40 year
Post by The Iceberg
old Serena
Osaka pummeled her. Much, MUCH better groundies IMO. Even the peak
Serena was a UE machine.

Post by The Iceberg
one called Madison Keys and another called Carebear :D
Who are those?

-- W. S. Gilbert
Max's Hoemom
2021-02-23 21:25:14 UTC
Post by Pelle Svanslös
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Pelle Svanslös
Post by The Iceberg
old Serena
Osaka pummeled her. Much, MUCH better groundies IMO. Even the peak
Serena was a UE machine.
And hence her losses to Justin Henin, Kim Clijsters, <insert anyone who stood up to her>, etc
-- W. S. Gilbert
The Iceberg
2021-02-24 11:02:15 UTC
Post by Pelle Svanslös
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Pelle Svanslös
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Pelle Svanslös
[...]
Mugu is easily as good, if not better. She's just more emotional.
Post by Pelle Svanslös
+ she was playing 40 year
so what, peak Serena would've whipped her with her better ground game. Madison Keys has a better ground game, shame she's clueless.
PeteWasLucky
2021-02-23 19:21:29 UTC
I know I am going to get some flak on this. But...Yeah she was won 4 slams now. But she is already 23! How many slams had Steffi and Hingis won by that time? Even Serena probably had more (I am not arsed to find out).And lets not forgot she had save two match points against Muguruza in 4th round. She is not exactly dominating the tour... she is not even #1. It is some Aussie clown.And I am watching the extended highlights on YouTube http://youtu.be/Paq5M3il5R4 she was rolling her serves in... it may work against Brady types... but won't work in future against top players.
Let's discuss this again when she has 10 slams.
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
heyg...@gmail.com
Osaka seems to turn it on when needed most (on HC at least). That is a big, big difference from most players.
The Iceberg
yes she is not afraid and does just that, thing that would/will be interesting is if she say wins the FO and Wimbledon and becomes hunted or her winning is on the line. She doesn't come across as aggressive as Serena or as focused as Graf, but maybe it her way.
Whisper
2021-02-25 00:16:41 UTC
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Max's Hoemom
[...]
She said when she was young she was destined for greatness. We'll see
how it pans out, but pretty impressive start. Maybe wins calendar slam
this yr, after saving 5 mp's v Serena in USO final? Serena then rips
her clothes off & runs screaming out of the stadium naked, classy end to
a great career.