Margaret Smith Court vs Steffi Graf vs Serena Williams compared
Max's Hoemom
2021-02-26 16:47:24 UTC
Margaret Smith Court
First slam won - AO 1960
Last slam won - USO 1973
#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42

So Margaret won 24 slams in 43 attempts. Success rate = 55.8%

Steffi Graf
First slam won - FO 1987
Last slam won - FO 1999
#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42

So Steffi won 22 slams in 42 attempts. Success rate = 52.3%

Serena Williams
First slam won - USO 1999
Last slam won - AO 2017
#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42

So Serena won 23 slams in 60 attempts. Success rate = 38.3%

If lets says Serena wins her 24th slam at FO 2021, her success rate will be 24 in 72 attempts = 33.3%
*skriptis
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Margaret Smith CourtFirst slam won - AO 1960Last slam won - USO 1973#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42So Margaret won 24 slams in 43 attempts. Success rate = 55.8%Steffi GrafFirst slam won - FO 1987Last slam won - FO 1999#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42So Steffi won 22 slams in 42 attempts. Success rate = 52.3%Serena WilliamsFirst slam won - USO 1999Last slam won - AO 2017#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42So Serena won 23 slams in 60 attempts. Success rate = 38.3%If lets says Serena wins her 24th slam at FO 2021, her success rate will be 24 in 72 attempts = 33.3%
you make no sense.

Isn't Graf is 22/42 and Serena is 23/42 then Serena is ahead. And Court 24/42 is ahead of both.

Rewrite it
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
Max's Hoemom
2021-02-26 21:33:38 UTC
Post by *skriptis
Margaret Smith CourtFirst slam won - AO 1960Last slam won - USO 1973#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42So Margaret won 24 slams in 43 attempts. Success rate = 55.8%Steffi GrafFirst slam won - FO 1987Last slam won - FO 1999#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42So Steffi won 22 slams in 42 attempts. Success rate = 52.3%Serena WilliamsFirst slam won - USO 1999Last slam won - AO 2017#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42So Serena won 23 slams in 60 attempts. Success rate = 38.3%If lets says Serena wins her 24th slam at FO 2021, her success rate will be 24 in 72 attempts = 33.3%
you make no sense.
Thats because you are an idiot.
Post by *skriptis
Isn't Graf is 22/42 and Serena is 23/42 then Serena is ahead. And Court 24/42 is ahead of both.
Is Margaret Court the GOAT then?
Post by *skriptis
Rewrite it
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Percentages are gay.

I mean, what's the point? Nadal could lose to some top claycourters perhaps his rivals or some future FO champions, but he could play for 4 more years and lose 4 times.

He'd then have worse FO stats than Borg.

Surely you're not saying Borg would be ahead?

Secondly it's retarded to create such stupid "pressure" situation that a player must win all slams in short time-span. Stupid path.

Imo Serena's "problem" is primarily lack of CYGS. She should have got it, considering she played without a major rival for the most part of her career. I mean I can downgrade Graf due to stabbing, not her fault but she profited off of it, however she did win CYGS before Seles was a major force. Serena didn't.

It means all the goat contenders have have some all-time claims, records to their name, Court, Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Moody.

Bizarrely Serena, even though she'll always be part of tier 1, so far has none, she lacks major all-time records next to her name. We spoke about it.

So in order to make her undisputed goat, her fans are forced to create some fantasy scenarios. Saying CYGS totally not important, and insist on strict split between amateur and open era in female tennis. Ok.
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
Max's Hoemom
2021-02-27 01:10:42 UTC
Post by *skriptis
Percentages are gay.
No, Croat white supreme-racist Incels are gay.
Post by *skriptis
I mean, what's the point? Nadal could lose to some top claycourters perhaps his rivals or some future FO champions, but he could play for 4 more years and lose 4 times.
He'd then have worse FO stats than Borg.
Surely you're not saying Borg would be ahead?
We are not comparing single slams here... it is entire career.
Post by *skriptis
[...]
She is never going to be undisputed goat, period.
Post by *skriptis
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
Gerrit 't Hart
2021-02-28 13:34:54 UTC
Post by Max's Hoemom
Margaret Smith Court
First slam won - AO 1960
Last slam won - USO 1973
#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42
So Margaret won 24 slams in 43 attempts. Success rate = 55.8%
Steffi Graf
First slam won - FO 1987
Last slam won - FO 1999
#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42
So Steffi won 22 slams in 42 attempts. Success rate = 52.3%
Serena Williams
First slam won - USO 1999
Last slam won - AO 2017
#slams played between 1st and last slam - 42
So Serena won 23 slams in 60 attempts. Success rate = 38.3%
If lets says Serena wins her 24th slam at FO 2021, her success rate will be 24 in 72 attempts = 33.3%
Shouldn't the comparisons also include some reference to doubles Slam
wins, both women's and mixed?
Max's Hoemom
Not while determining the best singles player. Steffi hardly played doubles anyway.
Gerrit 't Hart
2021-03-01 07:39:46 UTC
Post by Max's Hoemom
Post by Gerrit 't Hart
Post by Max's Hoemom
[...]
Earlier in this thread you wrote: "We are not comparing single slams
here... it is entire career."
It seems to me that "entire career: includes all tennis played by these
players. That is when I made my comment.
Whisper
Margaret Court also won 2 mixed doubles calendar grand slams. Thoughts?
Max's Hoemom
2021-03-01 20:49:33 UTC
Post by Gerrit 't Hart
Post by Max's Hoemom
Post by Gerrit 't Hart
Post by Max's Hoemom
[...]
If you include doubles and mixed doubles, Serena is nowhere close to being GOAT. Court and Navratilova have far superior numbers.

When I said entire career, I mean singles career... doubles is an afterthought in all these discussions.
*skriptis
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 1:39:52 AM UTC-6, Gerrit 't Hart wrote:> On 28/02/2021 10:29 pm, Max's Hoemom wrote: > > On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 7:35:02 AM UTC-6, Gerrit 't Hart wrote: > >> On 27/02/2021 12:47 am, Max's Hoemom wrote: > >>> Margaret Smith Court > >>> First slam won - AO 1960 > >>> Last slam won - USO 1973 > >>> #slams played between 1st and last slam - 42 > >>> > >>> So Margaret won 24 slams in 43 attempts. Success rate = 55.8% > >>> > >>> Steffi Graf > >>> First slam won - FO 1987 > >>> Last slam won - FO 1999 > >>> #slams played between 1st and last slam - 42 > >>> > >>> So Steffi won 22 slams in 42 attempts. Success rate = 52.3% > >>> > >>> Serena Williams > >>> First slam won - USO 1999 > >>> Last slam won - AO 2017 > >>> #slams played between 1st and last slam - 42 > >>> > >>> So Serena won 23 slams in 60 attempts. Success rate = 38.3% > >>> > >>> If lets says Serena wins her 24th slam at FO 2021, her success rate will be 24 in 72 attempts = 33.3% > >>> > >> Shouldn't the comparisons also include some reference to doubles Slam > >> wins, both women's and mixed? > > Not while determining the best singles player. Steffi hardly played doubles anyway. > >> Earlier in this thread you wrote: "We are not comparing single slams> here... it is entire career."> It seems to me that "entire career: includes all tennis played by these > players. That is when I made my comment.If you include doubles and mixed doubles, Serena is nowhere close to being GOAT. Court and Navratilova have far superior numbers.When I said entire career, I mean singles career... doubles is an afterthought in all these discussions.
I am ok with doubles being a category of its own?

1. Total slams
2. Wim
3. USO
4. FO