(OT) Amazon apologises for wrongly denying drivers need to urinate in bottles
Pelle Svanslös
2021-04-04 08:28:54 UTC
Amazon has apologised to a US politician for falsely denying that
drivers are, at times, forced to urinate in plastic bottles.

Mr Pocan, a Democrat from Wisconsin, had criticised Amazon for opposing
efforts by workers to unionise a major facility in Alabama.

"Paying workers $15/hr doesn't make you a 'progressive workplace' when
you union-bust & make workers urinate in water bottles," he wrote last week.

Shortly afterwards, Amazon's official account responded: "You don't
really believe the peeing in bottles thing, do you? If that were true,
nobody would work for us."

Amazon retracted, and apologised: "We owe an apology to Representative
Pocan". And said the problem was "a long-standing, industry-wide issue"
that they "would like to solve".

Mr Pocan rejected the apology on Saturday, tweeting: "Sigh. This is not
about me, this is about your workers - who you don't treat with enough
respect or dignity. Start by acknowledging the inadequate working
conditions you've created for ALL your workers, then fix that for
everyone and finally, let them unionise without interference."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56628745

Mr Pocan is a good man.
--
“We need to acknowledge he let us down. He went down a path he shouldn’t
have, and we shouldn’t have followed him. We shouldn’t have listened to
-- Nikki Haley
Pelle Svanslös
2021-04-04 10:51:32 UTC
Post by Pelle Svanslös
[...]
you mean he's good at virtue-signaling and saying fake news cos Amazon backed his entire campaign and gave MILLIONS to get his party elected so they'd let them get away with more and more worker exploits!
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour".
--
"Cough cough"
-- Suzanne Lenglen
The Iceberg
you're saying Jeff Bezos didn't give $$$ MILLIONS and MILLIONS to help the Democrats and this Pocan guy?
TT
2021-04-04 14:02:21 UTC
Post by The Iceberg
Post by Pelle Svanslös
Post by Pelle Svanslös
[...]
"Amazon backed his entire campaign" certainly isn't true.>Feel free to
support what you say.
yes it is and no problem, Amazon even purposely released "Borat 2" to help the Democrats!
Like a good Christian does, keeping
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour"
in his mind.
now you tell us how your religion is compatible with your "lifestyle"? go on, like a good Moslem.
What do you mean bu 'lifestyle'?
You reckon Pelle is giving blowjobs to strange guys at truck stops or
something?
'Keep yappin' man'
Pelle Svanslös
2021-04-04 17:31:06 UTC
Post by TT
now you tell us how your religion is compatible with your "lifestyle"? go on, like a good Moslem.
What do you mean bu 'lifestyle'?
You reckon Pelle is giving blowjobs to strange guys at truck stops or
something?
Or worse. Some things we are better off not knowing.
Mum's the word.
--
"Cough cough"
-- Suzanne Lenglen
[...]